WHAT BECAME OF MI'KMAQ,
THE FAMILIES OF ACADIANS AFTER 1755?
Please note: These links were active as of November 2003.
1. Stories of the Mi'kmaq by Calvin Coish, College of the North Atlantic.
2. Mi'kmaq Language and the Mi'kmaq Indian Tribe (Micmac, Mikmaq, Mi'kmaq" comes from a word in their own language meaning "my friends"; it is used both internally and externally now, though Mi'kmaq people fluent in their language.
3. Before the arrival of Europeans the Mi'kmaq people had mastered techniques which enabled them to make tools and equipment from animal bone, ivory, teeth, claws
4. 1894 ca Nine Mi'kmaq people with two wigwams [11k][Figure 1116 - 11k] 1894 ca Nine Mi'kmaq people with two wigwams Rocky Point, PEI Photograph: HB Sterling Prince Edward Island Public Archives and Records
5. NativeTech: The Mi'kmaq people of Atlantic Canada, by Laurie.NativeTech: Native American Technology and Art The Mi'kmaq people of Atlantic Canada. Mi'kmaq (Micmac) Medicines, Foods and Teas
6. Information regarding the Mi'kmaq People. The Micmacs of eastern Canada and the northeastern corner of the United States (who prefer the phonetic spelling Mi'kmaq) first appeared in their homeland
http://mrc.uccb.ns.ca/mikmaq.htmlNot available at the present.
7. Aboriginal Peoples: The Mi'kmaq: Newfoundland and Labrador. Throughout the 19th century, the 150 or so Mi'kmaq people in Newfoundland made their living as guides, trappers, mail carriers, and as sellers of basketry.
8. Ktaqamkuk (Taga-ma-goog) NEW ALLIANCE OF MI'KMAQ PEOPLE FORMED. has been established to serve the needs of the Mi'kmaq people
10. Google Directory - Society > Ethnicity > Indigenous People. The Mi'kmaq People and the Mi'kmaw (Micmac) Language
10. Related Mi'kmaq sites Silk Screen Art Micmac Creation Story Mi'kmaq
Indian Cinderella Rabbit & Otter Randy
Simon Legends & Carvings Stories & Legends of the Mi'kmaq People
11. Lnu Association (NLA) is a Mi'kmaq sovereignty organization that will seek liberation from political, social and economic oppression for the Mi'kmaq
13. Canadian Explorers: Mi'kmaq People Mic Mac (Mi'kmaq). The Mic Mac lived along the seacoast and rivers of what we now call the Atlantic provinces. Animals and fish were
14. Native Pages From StFXU Policy Congress of First Nations Chiefs
Confederation of Mainland Mi'kmaq
First Nations Index for Atlantic Canada History of the Mi'kmaq People, Mike Sack.
15. Mi'kmaq and Acadian good relations - unparalleled in America South Western Nova Scotia (Cape Sable during French regime) The First Nation's Mi'kmaq people lived in this land of South Western Nova Scotia for 7000 years.
17. Mi'kmaq It is important for Canadians to know about their culture and history, especially our knowledge of the Mi'kmaq and the Mi'kmaq People who have lived in Canada ...
18. NB-produced Mi'kmaq film series to premiere in New York City (03 ... ... FREDERICTON (CNB) -- A New Brunswick produced film series, featuring stories about the Mi'kmaq people of Atlantic Canada, will premiere at the Native American
19. Mi'kmaq Net - "Our goal is to bring Internet Technology and Resources to the Mi'kmaq People. Our first project is the Education of our people. ...
20. Mi'kmaq History Sites Online Mad Mikes Web Site; Mi'kmaq Museum Collection; Afton First Nations Mi'kmaq People; Mi'kmaq Resource Centre; Fort Folly's History; MicMac ...
23.A source of information on First Nations in Canada and information relating to current issues facing the Mi'kmaq People; Metepenagiag ...
26. Nfld. Mi'kmaq to file class-action lawsuit... And in 1984, the department recognized the Mi'kmaq people in Conne River, about 300 kilometres west of St. John's, and registered a reserve in that community.
27. A Mi'kmaq Learning Resource - Mi'kmaq Medicine and Plant Identification. Mi'kmaq people have always known about medicine.
28. A Mi'kmaq Learning Resource Bedford Barrens Petroglyphs Sacred Sites Bedford Barrens Petroglyphs. made by our Mi'kmaq Ancestors. They are sacred to the Mi'kmaq people.
29. Mi'kmaq people with disabilities face systemic barriers Wednesday, May 28, 2003, Back, The Halifax Herald Limited.
30. Mi'kmaq vs European Cinderella: Intro Mi'kmaq people had an unusually close and good social relationship to an early French Canadian Atlantic seaboard colony
31. NSARM - Other Links and Online Resources National Film Board of Canada (NFB) The NFB site contains a collection of films on the Mi'kmaq or created by or contributed to by Mi'kmaq people.
32. Eco-Online Nova Scotia - History - First Nation people Today, the Mi'kmaq people live in Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, parts of New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Quebec in Canada. ...
33. TYNE VALLEY... Most of the history that has been written about the Mi'kmaq people from the early explorers until the latter part of the 20th century biassed
36. Elders and Youth Circle [Elder's Circle... dark red clay left over."Glooscap, look at this large piece of clay, the same colour as my Mi'kmaq people. I will shape this clay ...
37. ORAL HISTORIES OF THE MI'KMAQ target="_new"
38. Mi'kmaq Research Principles and Protocols Mi'kmaq Ethics Watch. Principles and Guidelines for Researcher. Conducting Research With and/or Among Mi'kmaq People.
39. Nujio'qoniik Mi'kmaq News The Micmac of Megumaagee; The Nujjinen of the Mi'kmaq People; Senate Standing Committee on Aborigional People; New Brunswick Mi'kmaq ...
40. CNEWS Canada - Mi'kmaq serve Ottawa, Nfld. government with class Three men have launched a lawsuit against Ottawa and the provincial government seeking official native status for Mi'kmaq people in Newfoundland and
41. St George's Bay Mi'kmaq News... The pending action relates to the exclusion of the Mi'kmaq people from their rightful recognition under the Federal Indian Act when Newfoundland joined Canada
43. 2003 KMA Aboriginal Day Celebrations. Aside from environmental issues, the main reason that the sign was erected to claim the land for the Mi'kmaq people is rooted in Newfoundland's history.
44.Mi'kmaq people forced to swallow a bitter pill The RCMP's decision not to lay charges against DFO enforcement officers for their actions in an August 29, 2000 ...
45. Ktaqamkuk (Taga-ma-goog) Mi'kmaq Alliance.The purpose of this mailing list is to provide the Mi'kmaq people of the Ktaqamkuk (Taga-ma-goog) Mi'kmaq Alliance the opportunity to e-mail the mailing list
46. Nova Scotia: People...Mi'kmaq Resource Centre Resource center and archive assembles and preserves the cultural, political, economic, and social history of the Mi'kmaq people and houses
47. About Medicine Dream. This recording features a focused look into the Ktaqmkuk Mi'kmaq people of Newfoundland, Canada and features very important historical
48. The History of the Mi'kmaq People ... of ceremonies and the various songs, chants and dances accompanyin wedding, funeral and other traditional ceremonies that the Mi'kmaq people practiced; along
49. Building Healthy Mi'kmaq Communities in Prince Edward Island methodology: The research approaches in this project are based primarily in the involvement of the Mi'kmaq people of the Lennox Island and Abegweit communities
50. BCAFC News Flash -September 18, 2000... Press Statement, September 13, 2000: The UBCIC take this opportunity to declare its unconditional support for the Mi'kmaq people of the Burnt Church First ...
The above reprinted here with permission of SwampQueen CHAUVIN
~ Take time to laugh, for it is the music of the soul. ~
I not only Believe in Miracles~I Rely on Them:)
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 07:56:04 -0600 (CST)
From: CAJUN-BAYOU@webtv.net (SwampQueen CHAUVIN)
Subject: [Q-R] MI'KMAQ
51. JOHN N. JEDDORE vs. HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN
"The principal argument for Mr. Jeddore is that if the colonial government of Newfoundland had set apart or reserved, for the use and benefit of the Mi'kmaq people of the Conne River settlement, the area along the Conne River between the two posts planted by Mr. Murray, to a distance of 33 chains, that land should be recognized as a reserve for purposes of the Indian Act (and thus the Income Tax Act), despite the limitations that are now understood to be implicit in the statutory definition of "reserve"."
52. Native Languages of the Americas
Please use the BACK/RETURN Button on your Browser to
Return to the Previous Page.
Or, the Link below to return to
D739 Radegonde Lambert
Index LAMBERT Index RICHARD Table of Contents