WHAT BECAME OF MI'KMAQ,
THE FAMILIES OF ACADIANS AFTER 1755?
Please note: These links were active as of November 2003.
1. Stories of the Mi'kmaq by Calvin Coish, College of the North Atlantic.
2. Mi'kmaq Language and the Mi'kmaq Indian Tribe (Micmac, Mikmaq, Mi'kmaq" comes from a word in their own language meaning "my friends"; it is used both internally and externally now, though Mi'kmaq people fluent in their language.
3. 1894 ca Nine Mi'kmaq people with two wigwams [11k][Figure 1116 - 11k] 1894 ca Nine Mi'kmaq people with two wigwams Rocky Point, PEI Photograph: HB Sterling Prince Edward Island Public Archives and Records
4. NativeTech: The Mi'kmaq people of Atlantic Canada, by Laurie.NativeTech: Native American Technology and Art The Mi'kmaq people of Atlantic Canada. Mi'kmaq (Micmac) Medicines, Foods and Teas
5. Aboriginal Peoples: The Mi'kmaq: Newfoundland and Labrador. Throughout the 19th century, the 150 or so Mi'kmaq people in Newfoundland made their living as guides, trappers, mail carriers, and as sellers of basketry.
6. Google Directory - Society > Ethnicity > Indigenous People. The Mi'kmaq People and the Mi'kmaw (Micmac) Language
7. Canadian Explorers: Mi'kmaq People Mic Mac (Mi'kmaq). The Mic Mac lived along the seacoast and rivers of what we now call the Atlantic provinces. Animals and fish were
8. Mi'kmaq vs European Cinderella: Intro Mi'kmaq people had an unusually close and good social relationship to an early French Canadian Atlantic seaboard colony
9. NSARM - Other Links and Online Resources National Film Board of Canada (NFB) The NFB site contains a collection of films on the Mi'kmaq or created by or contributed to by Mi'kmaq people.
10. Nova Scotia: People...Mi'kmaq Resource Centre Resource center and archive assembles and preserves the cultural, political, economic, and social history of the Mi'kmaq people and houses
11. Native Languages of the Americas
Please use the BACK/RETURN Button on your Browser to
Return to the Previous Page.
Or, the Link below to return to
D739 Radegonde Lambert
Index LAMBERT Index RICHARD Table of Contents