Olivier VERRIER, son of Michel VERRIER & Marie Anne DEQUOY PICARD, was born and baptized on 28 September 1812 in St-Michel d'Yamaska. He first married Dorothée DEGUIRE DESROSIERS, daughter of Louis DEGUIRE DESROSIERS & Dorothée TRUDEAU, on 17 January 1837. Dorothée was born on 8 October 1816 in St-Michel d'Yamaska. She died on 17 October 1842 in St-David d'Yamaska, Québec.
Olivier then married Marie Emilia LAMBERT on 6 February 1844 in St-Michel, Yamaska, Québec. Olivier died on 27 and was buried on 30 January 1905 in St-David d'Yamaska, Québec.(1)(4)
Please note: Marie is listed as 36 years of age on her Burial Certificate. However on the 1871 Census of Canada, she is listed as 47 years of age, and 66 years old on the 1891 Census. (4)
Marie Emilie LAMBERT was born and baptized on 13 January 1825 in St-Michel d'Yamaska, Québec. She died on 9 and was buried on 12 March 1909 in St-David d'Yamaska.(4)(8)
i. Olivier VERRIER was born on 28 and was baptized on 29 April 1868 in St-David d'Yamaska. He married Mathilde Marie FOURQUIN LÉVEILLÉE on 12 January 1892 in St-Aimé de Richelieu. Mathilde was born on 27 and baptized on 29 April 1866 in St-Aimé de Richelieu. Godfather was Louis PÉPIN; godmother was Marie LAMBERT. Mathilde died on 5 February 1946 in St-David d'Yamaska. Olivier died on 13 November 1953 in Drummondville, Québec. (2)(4)
ii. Ernestine VERRIER married Victor VANASSE on 17 November 1885 in St-David d'Yamaska. Victor's parents were Benjamin VANASSE & Adéline VERRIER from the United States. (3)(4)
iii. Hubert VERRIER married Sara SALOIS on 5 November 1878 in St-David. Sara's parents were Clément SALOIS & Zoé PROULX. (3)(4)
iv. Jean Baptiste VERRIER married Éloise PAQUIN, daughter of Narcisse PAQUIN & Aldine BLAIS, on 28 July 1890 in St-David d'Yamaska. (2)(4)
(1) Marriage Register of St-Michel, Yamaska County, Québec, p. 140 & 276
(2) Marriage Register of St-Aimé, Richelieu Country, Québec, p. 158
(3) Mariages de St-David d'Yamaska, 1835-1966, Yamaska County, Québec, p. 337
(4) Drouin File copied from the Parish Registers or the Town Clerk's Office, Québec.
(6) Information verified by Jeanne d'Arc BROUILLARD, who married Wilfrid BLAIN, from St-Marcel, during a visit on 20 July 2000.
(7) Marriage Register of St-David, Yamaska, 1835-1966, p. 337.
(8) Data supplied by Colleen Martineau on November 2012.